Area 1 HIV & AIDS Surveillance
- 850-595-6500 x1505
Fairfield Service Center, 1295 West Fairfield Drive, Pensacola, Florida 32501
The HIV/AIDS Surveillance program collects, analyzes and disseminates data for Area 1 (Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton County).
HIV Surveillance is the systematic collection, compilation, and analysis of HIV/AIDS morbidity and mortality data. Surveillance also involves the dissemination of HIV/AIDS data to concerned agencies and to the public. The public health system depends upon reports of disease to monitor the health of the community and to provide the basis for preventive action.
- The Area 1 HIV/AIDS Surveillance Office is responsible for reporting all positive HIV/AIDS cases to the Bureau of HIV / AIDS
Practitioner reporting requirement under Chapter 64D-3 FAC
- Greater than 13 years of age: Practitioners should report all HIV or AIDS cases within two weeks using the Adult HIV/AIDS Confidential Case Report Form (PDF 141KB).
- Greater than 18 months of age to 13 Years of age: Practitioners should report all HIV or AIDS cases within two weeks using the Pediatric HIV/AIDS Confidential Case Report Form (PDF 133KB).
- Less than 18 months of age: Practitioners must report all HIV exposed newborns or infants born to a HIV infected woman by the next business day. HIV exposed newborn/infant cases should be reported using the Pediatric HIV/AIDS Confidential Case Report Form (PDF 133KB).
*CONFIDENTIAL CASE REPORT FORMS AND ALL OTHER CONFIDENTIAL HIV/AIDS INFORMATION CAN NOT BE FAXED OR EMAILED TO THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT. DO NOT SEND FORMS OR OTHER INFORMATION BEFORE RECEIVING DIRECTIONS ON CORRECT PROCESS FOR REPORTING*
How to Report:
For instructions on completing the CDC Adult case report form for
Area 1 please contact 850-595-6500 ext. 1502
Florida Case Reporting Form (PDF 142KB)
The data collected is used to plan, implement and evaluate HIV/AIDS interventions and inform the public of current trends in the disease.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention HIV/AIDS Statistics
- Florida Department of Health HIV/AIDS Surveillance
- Fact Sheet
Call 850-595-6500 x1502 for any additional information requests, questions or concerns.