The Florida Department of Health in Escambia County (FDOH-Escambia) reminds residents to protect themselves and their families from influenza (flu). Seasonal flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat and lungs. It can cause mild to severe illness and can sometimes lead to death. The flu season usually begins in early October and lasts until May, peaking in January and February in Escambia County, Florida.
- Encouraging Healthy Gifts This Holiday
- Take Precautions to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning This Winter
- Tobacco Free Florida Has Free Resources to Help You Quit
- Mosquito-Borne Illness Alert is Lifted for Escambia County, Florida
- MQA by the Numbers
- Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
850-595-6683 or after hours at 850-418-5566
|Download the Full List of Reportable Diseases and Conditions|
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals