The Florida Department of Health in Escambia County (FDOH-Escambia) reminds residents to protect themselves and their families from influenza (flu). Seasonal flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat and lungs. It can cause mild to severe illness and can sometimes lead to death. The flu season usually begins in early October and lasts until May, peaking in January and February in Escambia County, Florida.
- Residents Urged to Get Vaccinated Against Measles
- Celebrate Health Literacy Week
- Governor's Budget to Support Protection, Promotion, and Improvement of Floridians Health
- Recend Bayou Texar
- 2015 Florida State Radon Poster Contest Winners Announced
- ADVISORY: Possible Wastewater Contamination
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
850-595-6683 or after hours at 850-418-5566
|Download the Full List of Reportable Diseases and Conditions|
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals