Tobacco Free Florida in Escambia County (TFF-Escambia)
- 850-595-6500, Extension: 1831
Fairfield Service Center, 1295 West Fairfield Drive, Pensacola, Florida 32501
The Tobacco Free Florida in Escambia County (TFF-Escambia) Program spearheads tobacco use prevention, social norm and policy change, and cessation initiatives for the entire Escambia County community.
The Program provides tobacco prevention education and social norm change materials tailored to the needs of your school, organization or facility.
Tobacco Free Escambia coordinates efforts for the following:
- Students Working Against Tobacco (SWAT)
- Students Ending Tobacco
- Smoke-Free Multi-Unit Housing
- Employer Cessation Policies
- Healthy Environments Are Tobacco-free (HEAT)
- Community and school tobacco prevention education & Campus Policies
- And various other social norm and policy change initiatives.
Students Working Against Tobacco (SWAT)
Students Working Against Tobacco (SWAT) is Florida's statewide youth organization working to mobilize, educate and equip Florida youth to revolt against and de-glamorize Big Tobacco. SWAT students are a united movement of empowered youth working towards a tobacco free future.
The mission is simple: Share the facts and let you decide for yourself.
SWAT empowers Florida youth to educate their peers about the manipulative tactics of Big Tobacco, so that together we can take a stand and make a change for the next generation.
Now that you know a little more about us, it is time to help FIGHT BACK and save a generation of Floridians from tobacco addiction. You must be in middle or high school to join. Call 850-595-6506 to find out what you can do to be a part of the movement.
Visit the official SWAT website to access the facts or to learn more about the statewide movement.
Healthy Environments are Tobacco-Free (HEAT)
The partnership meets every other month to:
- Reduce tobacco use
- Reduce our county’s youth initiation rate
- Protect all residents from second-hand smoke exposure
Upcoming events and current tobacco issues and trends are also discussed. Meetings are open to the public.
For more information, please contact the Escambia County Tobacco Prevention Specialist at 850-595-6072.
Smoke-Free Multi-Unit Housing
Throughout the State of Florida, owners of apartment buildings and duplexes have begun to offer smoke-free units as an amenity for their residents. If you are interested in knowing more, please see our smoke-free multi-unit housing brochure (2.2kb; pdf). For additional information or to schedule a meeting about developing a smoke-free policy for your property, please call the Florida Department of Health in Escambia County’s (DOH-Escambia) Tobacco Prevention and Control Program staff at 850-595-6506 or 850-595-6072.
Smoking Cessation Resources
Quitting is one of the most important things you will ever do for yourself and the ones you love. Here are a few good reasons to quit using tobacco products:
- Once you quit, you will have a chance to live longer and a better quality of life.
- Your chances of having a heart attack, stroke, or cancer will decrease.
- If you are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant, you will improve your chances of having a healthy baby.
- The people who live with you, especially your children, will be healthier. Exposure to second-hand smoke increases the likelihood of bronchitis and pneumonia and increases the frequency and severity of childhood asthma.
- You will have extra money to spend on other things like food, clothes, or vacations.
If you have tried to quit smoking, you know how difficult it can be. But we are here to help.
DOH-Escambia offers a six week “Quit Smoking Now” clinic to help Escambia County residents kick the habit. The program is supported by Escambia County Tobacco Prevention and Control Program and West Florida Area Health Education Centers (WFAHEC).
Other classes available in the community (120kb; pdf)
For FREE quit counseling and nicotine patches, contact the Florida Quitline at 877-822-6669/1-877-U-CAN-NOW. You may also visit the Tobacco Free Florida website where you can link up with a Quit Coach, join the online “Quitter” group, and learn facts about cessation and upcoming events.
Location & Contact Information
Fairfield Service Center, 1295 West Fairfield Drive
The TFF-Escambia office is open Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM. Call 850-595-6500, Extension: 1831 for more information.