Fairfield Service Center, 1295 West Fairfield Drive, Pensacola, Florida 32501
What is Syphilis?
What does syphilis look like?
How is syphilis spread?
How can I protect myself from getting syphilis?
- Abstain from sex
- Be in a long-term, mutually monogamous relationship with a partner who has tested negative for STDs
- Use latex condoms and/or other preventive methods during all sexual activities
- Regular testing for syphilis and other STDs
- If not in a monogamous relationship, reduce number of partners
- Open-dialogue with partner(s) about sexual health practices and testing
- Knowing the signs and symptoms of STDs, if applicable (in chlamydia and gonorrhea you may not have any signs or symptoms)
Syphilis Elimination Task Force – Escambia County
The Florida Department of Health in Escambia County (FDOH-Escambia) leads the Syphilis Elimination Task Force in Escambia County. The Syphilis Elimination Task Force was created in response to Escambia County’s syphilis outbreak and the sustained increase in cases.
Location & Contact Information
Fairfield Service Center
1295 West Fairfield Drive
The STD office is open:
Monday-Thursday from 8 AM to 5 PM
Fridays from 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Call 850-595-6500, Option 1 to schedule an appointment or for more information.