- 850-595-6500, Extension: 1801
Fairfield Service Center, 1295 West Fairfield Drive, Pensacola, Florida 32501
What is Worksite Wellness?
Worksites are one of Healthiest Weight Florida’s Heathy Places. Worksite Wellness refers to a set of strategies used to meet the health and wellness needs of employees and encourage the adoption of healthy behaviors. Worksite wellness strategies include:
- Health Education to increase awareness and knowledge about healthy behaviors.
- Wellness Activities such as challenges to help employees adopt healthy behaviors.
- Environmental and Policy Supports to make the healthy choice the easy choice.
Benefits of Worksite Wellness Programs
Adults spend most of their waking hours in the workplace so it is an ideal location to promote healthy behaviors.
- Increase in productivity and employee morale
- Decrease in absenteeism
- Increase in knowledge about health topics
- Helps in improving or maintaining health
- Aids in adoption of healthy behaviors
- Leads to greater a sense of teamwork among coworkers
Ideas for Worksite Wellness at your Workplace
Use the CDC Worksite Health Scorecard to assess your organization
Add a wellness section to your company newsletter
Offer an employee wellness challenge, such as a step challenge
Place Active Meeting Guides in all meeting rooms (contact FDOH-Escambia to receive a guide)
Invite experts to present on health topics at staff meetings or training days
Worksite Wellness Services Offered
Assistance with worksite wellness activities
Prediabetes screenings and Diabetes Prevention Program facilitation
Customized presentations on health and wellness topics
Resources for healthy living
Organizational and employee interest surveys
Vending machine assessment
Exercise and recipe demonstrations
Wellness challenge facilitation
Workouts You Can Do at Work
PushUp Challenge (105 KB; pdf)
Resistance Band Workout (847 KB; pdf)
Stretching Sequencies (446 KB; pdf)
Upper Body Workout (611 KB; pdf)
Location & Contact Information
Fairfield Service Center
1295 West Fairfield Drive
Pensacola, FL 32501
The Communications, Health Education, and Nutrition (CHEN) office is open:
Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM.
Call 850-595-6500, x1814 for more information.