- Biomedical Waste
- Body Piercing
- Dead Birds
- Disaster Response
- Drinking Water
- Fee Schedule
- Food Hygiene
- Mobile Home Parks
- Petroleum Clean-up
- Petroleum Storage Tank
- Private & Public Schools
- Rabies Surveillance
- Onsite Sewage Disposal
- Pools and Spas
- Water Quality Research
- Environmental Toxicology
Swimming Pool Inspection Program
Downtown Service Center, 1300 West Gregory Street, Pensacola, FL 32502
Additional ResourcesCDC Advice on Healthy Swimming(274.1kb; pdf)
CDC-Six "PLEAs" For Healthy Swimming
Water Programs: Information and Forms
The Swimming Pool Inspection Program is designed to protect the public from the risk of disease and injury at public swimming pools and bathing places.The governing authority for this program is Florida Administrative Code 64E-9 and Florida Statute Chapter 514.
Inspections are conducted twice a year and entail, but are not limited to:
- Water Quality and Chemistry
- Pool Cleanliness and Safety Measures
- Proof of contract with Pool Service Technician or proof of Pool Operator Training
- Pool Maintenance Records
- Location and condition of bathroom facilities
If you wish to open a public swimming pool you will need an initial operating permit:
- Permit Application through our department Swimming Pool Operating Permit(13.7 kb; pdf)
- The jurisdictional Local Building Department must review and approve plans AND inspect the pool construct prior to the inspection of the pool for an Initial Operating Permit by the Florida Department of Health in Escambia County.
Proof of “required training” through the Department of Health. All persons employed to service the pool must have proof of the Public Pool Service Technician Certification (23KB; pdf).
Other related applications:
Pool Exemption less than 32 units (15.2kb; pdf)
Pool Exemption more than 32 units(44.4kb; pdf)
Location & Contact Information
Downtown Service Center
1300 West Gregory Street
The Swimming Pool Inspection office is open
Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM.
Call 850-595-6700 to file a complaint or for more information.