Body Piercing Inspection Program
Downtown Service Center, 1300 West Gregory Street, Pensacola, FL 32502
The Body Piercing Inspection Program is designed to promote safe and sanitary conditions in body piercing establishments and to protect the public from infectious diseases. Environmental Health Specialists perform inspections annually in Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton Counties.
The Body Piercing Inspection Process Focuses On:
- Piercing procedure to assure that sterile conditions are kept throughout.
- Autoclave maintenance records to assure autoclave is functioning as designed and to make sure that piercing instruments and jewelry are kept sterile.
- Sanitation and safety to assure that septic tank is approved for commercial use (if applies), hand washing sinks are at proper location, and lighting is appropriate for piercing procedure.
- Biomedical waste disposal to assure compliance with statute and code to prevent spread of disease.
- Piercing records to assure that proper procedures are followed for the piercing of "minors". See Florida Statute 381.0075, section seven regarding piercing of minors.
Body Piercing Salon License
If you wish to open a Body Piercing Salon you must obtain an operational license. You can do this by:
Environmental Health bills and fees can be paid in person or by mail at the address below or you can visit our bill pay site at MyFloridaEHPermit.com.
Location & Contact Information
Downtown Service Center, 1300 West Gregory Street
The Body Piercing office is open Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Call 850-595-6700 to file a complaint or for more information.