Swim Lessons in Escambia County
May 01, 2015
The weather is heating up and for many Floridians this means it's time to cool off in the pool. While a day of playing in the pool can be fun, injuries and illnesses due to water-related activities increase during this time of year.
Waterproof Florida encourages layers of protection that include supervision, barriers and emergency preparedness. Touch supervision is encouraged when young children are around any type of water, including bathtubs, pools, and natural water bodies.
In our community, swim lessons are being offered by the following groups*:
- Barracuda Swimworks www.barracudaswimworks.com
- Greater Pensacola Aquatics Club (GPAC) www.gpacswimteam.org
- Nine Mile Swim School www.9mileswim.com
- Pensacola Athletic Center www.pacactive.com/swimming/
- Pensacola Navy Youth (PNY) www.navymwrpensacola.com
- Seastars Aquatics www.seastarsaquatics.org
- University of West Florida http://uwf.edu/offices/recreation-and-sports-services/aquatics/swim-lessons-schedule/
- YMCA -of Northwest Florida www.ymcanwfl.org/programs/youth-development/swim-lessons
- Langley Avenue Branch 850-478-1222
- Downtown Branch 850-438-4406
- Roger Scott Pool 850-595-1218
- Hunter Pool 850-436-5197
*This list reflects the best of our research at the time of publication and may not be fully inclusive of all programs in Escambia County, Florida. If you know of other programs or would like to be included, please contact us.