FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH IN ESCAMBIA COUNTY HIGHLIGHTS RECENT EFFORTS IN PROVIDING COVID-19 VACCINE
February 22, 2021
Pensacola, Fla. — The Florida Department of Health in Escambia County (FDOH-Escambia) continues to work with community partners on vaccination efforts in Escambia County. In an effort to keep Florida residents and visitors safe and aware regarding the status of the virus, FDOH-Escambia will continue to issue this update every week.
County health departments have an important role to play in administering vaccine. Here’s a summary of last week’s vaccination activities.
- Escambia County residents 65 years and older and health care workers should use the statewide preregistration system to sign up for vaccination. Residents can call the toll-free line at, 866-201-1025 or preregister online at myvaccine.fl.gov. The TTY number for the deaf and hard of hearing is 833-476-1461.
- Due to weather conditions delaying vaccine delivery, PODs planned for Thursday, Feb. 18 and Friday, Feb. 19 had to be rescheduled. The Feb. 19 event was rescheduled prior to any appointments being booked for that date. Persons with appointments on Feb. 18 are being rescheduled.
- During the week of Feb. 12, 2021 – Feb. 18, 2021, FDOH-Escambia administered a total of 1,088 COVID-19 vaccines. In addition to daily clinic appointments, FDOH-Escambia held 1 POD event on Friday, Feb. 12 that targeted persons 65 years of age and older.
- FDOH-Escambia participated in the DEM POD event on Saturday, Feb. 13, 2021 that targeted persons 65 years of age and older in underserved communities where 609 vaccines were administered.
- FDOH-Escambia announced this week’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan and continues to work with community partners, including Ascension Sacred Heart, Baptist Health Care, Community Health Northwest Florida, West Florida Hospital, Woodlands Medical Specialists, Escambia County Emergency Management, Escambia County Medical Society, older adult independent living facilities, and local faith-based organizations to administer vaccines to priority groups.
FDOH-Escambia continues to fight to protect health and safety as the rollout of COVID-19 vaccine continues. For the total vaccine administration efforts across Florida, visit the dedicated Florida Department of Health COVID-19 webpage for the detailed vaccine report.
About the Florida Department of Health
The Florida Department of Health, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.